With PayPal, sending and receiving money to and from anyone in the world is quick and simple.
It’s easy to link your bank account or credit card to your PayPal account.
If you want to withdraw money that has been sent to your PayPal account, it’s as easy as linking your bank account.
Creating a PayPal account from scratch is a simple process.
Connecting Your Bank Account to PayPal
You have successfully linked a credit or debit card to your PayPal account and can proceed to linking your bank account.
- You can access your PayPal account by signing in on the PayPal website.
- While we can use the app for this, we’ll start by doing it on the web.
- After logging in, navigate to the ” Wallet ” tab located at the screen’s upper right corner.
- Here you can check your current PayPal balance and add funds from your credit or debit card.
- If you look closely at the screen, you’ll find the words ” Link a bank ” in the upper left corner; select this option.
- A window will open asking you to select your preferred financial institution. You should have your bank account details readily available.
- If you don’t see your bank on the page’s list of major financial institutions, you can search for it.
- When you reach the page where you can select your bank, do so.
The screen will then present you with two options:
- (1) enter your online banking credentials and click ” Agree and Link “; or
- (2) select ” Link your bank another way “.
It’s worth noting that the second option won’t be functional for at least a few business days.
If you select the second option, a screen will load requesting your financial details.
Your bank account’s routing and account numbers will be requested when you select the account type (checking or savings) and click “Continue.”
If everything looks good after a thorough review, you can proceed by clicking the ” Agree and Link ” option.
In the next few days, you should expect to see two minor deposits from PayPal reflected on your bank statements. The micropayments might range from $0.01 to $0.99.
If you receive this message, it means that the connection to your bank account was successful.
When I try to add my bank, nothing happens.
If you already have two PayPal accounts using the same bank account, you may not be able to add a third. You can only link one bank account to one PayPal account at a time. Attempt to unlink the bank account from the PayPal account.
If you have lost your password, you can get assistance.
Three different PayPal accounts have previously been associated with this bank account. In total, you’re only allowed to connect three different bank accounts to PayPal.
There is a discrepancy between the billing and account names for the PayPal and bank accounts.
If the PayPal account has a limit or a negative balance, the linked bank account will continue to function normally. A financial institution can be included.
you can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time. However, it may be possible to link it to a second PayPal account, subject to the service provider’s approval. You’ll find out if you’re approved when you link the bank to your second PayPal account.
A majority of financial institutions’ accounts can be verified by us. Unfortunately, not all banking options are compatible with PayPal. This includes prepaid card and online-only banking options.