After concluding the 2017-18 NBA regular season on passion, then going to a 4-1 series in the opening round of the playoffs against the Miami Heat, the Philadelphia 76ers had a massive number of reason to be optimistic heading into their Eastern Conference semifinals series with the Boston Celtics — most especially when you consider how shorthanded team was. However, in the game opener of the series was all Celtics.
Terry Rozier (29 points) and Jayson Tatum (28 points) each had their postseason career-highs, while Rozier, Tatum and Al Horford combined for 83 points as the Celtics secured a lead thanks to a 117-101 win.
Now, the Philadelphia 76ers will try to rebound in the second game of the series. It will be interesting to witness how the Philly respond to facing some misfortune, which has been an unusual feeling for this organization ever since the regular season began.
Despite multiple injuries to key basketball players, the Boston Celtics’ 55-27 regular-season winning streak was the second best in the Eastern Conference.
The Sixers, who ended the season with a 52-30 record, beat the Heat in a convincing five matchups, becoming the first franchise in the East to advance on to the conference semis.
Celtics-Sixers Live Stream Info:
- Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018
- Start Time: 8:30 p.m. ET
- Location: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
- TV Channel: TNT
- Live Stream: FuboTV or TNT Overtime
Playoff Series Schedule
- Game 1 in Boston: Celtics 117, Sixers 101
- Game 2 in Boston: Thursday, May 3, 8:30 p.m. ET, TNT
- Game 3 in Philadelphia: Saturday, May 5, 5 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Game 4 in Philadelphia: Monday, May 7, 6:00 p.m. ET, TNT
- Game 5 in Boston: Wednesday, May 9, TBA, TNT (if necessary)
- Game 6 in Philadelphia: Friday, May 11, TBA, ESPN (if necessary)
- Game 7 in Boston: Sunday, May 13, TBA (if necessary)