The Samsung Galaxy S9 is just a month away from being officially released in the wild, with the South Korean technology giant confirming that its 2018 flagship smartphone will be launched at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona later this month.
It’s unlikely the forthcoming announcement will have a bunch of surprises in store, though, as we already know a lot of details about the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, courtesy of the rumor mill scattered all over the Internet.
We’ve rounded up all the information we know about the high-end smartphone from Samsung so far after the jump.
[agg-ad id=”442″ align=”center”][agg-ad id=”438″ align=”left”]
- 5.80inch / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved screen display (570ppi / 529ppi pixel density)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC (US) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK) processors
- 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage
- Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps downlink speeds)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Bixby AI assistant
- USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack
- Stereo speakers
- Wireless charging support
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Built-in FM radio
- Updated DeX docking station
- Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple colorways
The latest leak from Evan Blass on Twitter via its account @Evleaks is giving the public the best look at the device yet. Along with a first press images at a new Lilac Purple color variant, the images give us a better view at the redesigned fingerprint scanner that is situated below the camera shooter.
…in Lilac Purple. pic.twitter.com/p506mqDci4
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) February 5, 2018
Also observed in the new images is the dual-camera module that the larger S9 Plus will equip with, which looks to be a vertically oriented component as to the iPhone X.
Samsung’s tease us that the Galaxy S9 would offer significantly major improvements to the camera department, but we’ll have to wait and try what these new exciting devices got up beyond the usual yearly upgrade cycle.
[agg-ad id=”434″ align=”left”]
As for Galaxy S9 release date, Samsung Electronics has confirmed that the S9 and S9 Plus will be officially made public at MWC 2018 on February 25.
According to a recent leak from the notorious leaker Evan Blass, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus pre-orders will start just days later on 1st of March, and the smartphones are tipped to begin shipping a couple of weeks later on 16 March.
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) January 25, 2018
According to multiple reports, the Galaxy S9 will be more expensive than its predecessor, with manufacturer’s retail pricing set to start at $900 and $1,000 to $1,100 for the bigger S9 Plus.